An in-depth understanding and experience assessing water damage.
When you’re dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial! Excess water in your home can cause electrical hazards resulting in costly damage to your home’s structure and furnishings, and can even lead to the growth of hazardous mold. Hands On Restoration responds rapidly, with advanced equipment in tow and the technical know-how to remove the water quickly and safely. We then monitor the drying process to ensure that your property is dried thoroughly and properly.
COMMON CAUSES OF WATER DAMAGE:
- Flooding and storm damage
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs, and sinks
- Sewage Backups
- Flooded Basements
- Foundation cracks
- Leaking Roofs
- Leaking faucets
- Ruptured or Leaking Appliances
- Moisture behind walls
- Burst Pipes
- Firefighting Damage
Contact Hands on Restoration at (516) 750-5822 for water damage cleanup and restoration services on Long Island (Nassau County and Suffolk County), as well as in NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island).
Services We Offer Water & Flood Damage
- Inspection and Damage Assessment
- Water Mitigation
- Water Extraction Drying/Dehumidification of affected areas (i.e. walls, carpet, padding and furniture)
- Cleaning and Restoration of Possessions (i.e. clothes, linens, books and documents)
- Mold and Mildew Remediation
- Location and Repair of Leaking Water Source
- Reconstruction Services and Storm Damage Repairs
- Assistance with Filing Insurance Claims
The Do’s and Don’t’s of a Water Damage Emergency
- Call for professional help right away – bacteria growth can begin within hours.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and/or blotting.
- Remove wet rugs and floor coverings that are not permanently attached.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet cushions for even drying, and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos and art objects to a dry location.
- Keep books on shelves. Pack them tightly to prevent warping.
- Open drawers, cabinets, and doors to speed up drying.
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off!
- Do not use a vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked down wall-to-wall carpet without professional assistance.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
- Do not remove books from shelves.