Hands On Restoration is ready and well-equipped to remediate the mold, protect your home, and prevent long-term damage.
Hands On Restoration recognizes the urgency that mold issues present. Mold is a contaminant; a fungi found both indoors and outdoors that can negatively affect the health of your family and compromise the physical structure of your home. Mold thrives in damp environments such as floods, slow leaks, broken pipes, or just high humidity, and grows quickly with an organic food source, such as cellulose, which is found in building materials like wood and drywall.
COMMON MOLD INDICATORS & WARNING SIGNS
- Dark spots on ceiling, floors, or walls
- Musty odors and mildew
- Respiratory and allergy symptoms (coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing, wheezing. asthma)
- High humidity levels (condensation on glass and metal surfaces)
- Skin irritation
*Note: Not all mold is visible, as it can grow in the walls and under the floor.
COMMON AREAS MOLD GROWTH IS FOUND
- Ventilation systems
- Window frames
- Cabinets and furniture
- Drywall and subflooring
- Wallpaper or painted walls
- Wet walls
- Water-damaged mattresses
- HVAC system
- Ceiling tiles
- Insulation materials
Contact Hands on Restoration at (516) 750-5822 to learn more about our mold remediation and removal services available on Long Island and in the 5 boroughs of NYC.
Services We Offer Mold Removal & Remediation
- Mold Infiltration Assessment
- Containment of Affected Areas to Prevent Cross-Contamination
- Elimination of Water or Moisture Source
- Removal of Contaminated Materials
- Cleaning of Contents and other Personal Possessions
- Application of Disinfectants and Antimicrobials to Prevent Future Growth
- Sanitation, Deodorization, and Air Purification
- Assistance with the Insurance Claims Process