Although it is best to leave most property restoration work (which includes odor removal) to experts, it is possible for you to get the process started. There are a couple of DIY techniques that can be very useful to deal with unwanted odors.
To remove smoke odors completely, you have to remove the source first. All of your home’s surfaces, including appliances, furniture, and countertops need to be cleaned thoroughly of smoke or fire damage.
Unfortunately, spraying scented aerosol or burning a scented candle only masks the odor and does not permanently solve the problem. Proper ventilation can help to smoke some smoke sell, but not all of it. Ventilation alone helps to dilute the smell but does not completely remove the smell. It is just one step in the overall process.
Hands On Restoration offers professional odor removal services in the Long Island and NYC area. Our team of experts are fully trained and equipped to handle removing smoke odor at any time. You will be able to breathe and live cleaner.
Tips For Smoke Odor Cleaning
Let’s discuss some of the DIY techniques that we mentioned earlier.
- Thoroughly scrub and wash all exterior surfaces, including screens, windows, driveways, decks, and walls.
- Disinfect the hard surfaces and interior walls, including the countertops, with a mile soap or other cleaning solutions. Make sure that you also wash the closets, drawers, and cabinets.
- Completely clean and launder all clothing items that were inside the house during the fire.
- Use steam equipment to deodorize and disinfect any smoke damaged mattresses, upholstery, window coverings, and carpeting.
- Make sure that air ducts, air conditioning units, heating, and ventilation are cleaned professionally to remove built-up smoke remnants, ash, and soot.
- Make sure to change the air filters one a month at least on all of those systems.
- Deodorize, dust, and wash all household items that are throughout the house, including knick-knacks and picture frames.
As you can tell, completely eliminating smoke odors from your home is a multi-step process that does take some time to finish. That is why it is usually best to hire a professional local area restoration company, like Hands On Restoration, as our teams are fully equipped with all of the necessary advanced restoration equipment…and we have years of experience doing this type of work as well.
Any type of unwanted or harmful odor inside of your house can be eliminated if you call us for help. We offer professional 24-hour odor removal services to homes and businesses in the Long Island and NYC area. Give us a call today! We guarantee that our teams will provide you with exceptional results.Tags: odor removal, smoke odor cleaning
Categorised in: Fire Damage Restoration